Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Baby Jack's

The Jack Dempsey or (Rocio octofasciata), formerly (Nandopsis octofasciatum and Cichlasoma octofasciatum) is a cichlid fish. They got their name (after the boxer) due to their fierce actions toward other fish.

My breeding pair just hatched several baby fry last night. I had hoped to put up a web cam but I think I will settle for YouTube video uploads at this time. This is the second time they have hatched babies. Four survived from the last time and are currently quarter sized. These new hatchlings are grains of rice and hard to see among the white rocks in the tank.

If they are still there when I get out of work today I will post up a short video clip and some images. The statement of if they are still there should have read "if the mom and dad did not eat them".

No comments:

Post a Comment